Edwards Technical Writing collects, stores, and uses the first names, last names, and email addresses (collectively known as “Personal Information”) provided to it by individuals solely for the purpose of distributing its email newsletter to them.
Edwards Technical Writing safeguards the Personal Information in its possession from loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, and unauthorized access.
Edwards Technical Writing commits to:
- Comply with all laws that apply to the collection, use, and protection of the Personal Information it collects.
- Control the custody and maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information in its possession.
- Correct Personal Information when errors are identified.
- Not disclose an individual’s Personal Information without their expressed consent unless (a) required by law, or (b) in an emergency situation where the individual’s personal security, health, or life are at risk.
- Not give, sell, disclose, or transfer the Personal Information in its possession to any third party.
- Notify any individual, and the appropriate government agencies as required, should their Personal Information (a) be lost, or (b) be used, disclosed, or accessed in an unauthorized manner.
- Provide any person with access to view their Personal Information on file.
- Use Personal Information solely for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the Personal Information in its control against (a) loss or (b) unauthorized disclosure, access, or use.